OpSus Vault Overview
OpSus Vault is a cloud-based immutable backup system built to protect healthcare institutions’ valuable data from increasingly common and effective ransomware attacks. OpSus Vault regularly copies a backup of your healthcare information and writes it to a secure, offline, and immutable Cloud location. By storing your backups in this separate and secure location with the immutable policy, all acts of editing and deleting your backups are strictly prohibited. In the event of a ransomware incident, CloudWave will provide the most recent, clean backup copy, allowing your institution to rebuild without paying a ransom.
An additional backup job is configured to write the save-set to a cloud vault. This vault will trigger a copy of its contents to a secondary vault on a separate domain with an immutable storage policy configured for a retention of your choosing.
Backup save-sets are stored in an air gapped location with no functional connectivity and an immutability policy.
In the event of a cybersecurity incident, CloudWave will initiate a restore at your request following the process below:
- Customer requests Vault restore.
- CloudWave copies most recent save-set back to bucket 1.
- Customer’s backup application now sees usable, restored save-set.
Monitoring and Support
24x7x365 United States based Network Operating Center (NOC) monitors replication success and service uptime.
- An immutability policy prevents all acts of deleting or editing of information once it is copied in the location the policy is applied to.
- This prevents malware from encrypting the data even if it propagates there, and prevents attackers from deleting your backups.
- A separation of a single workflow into separate resource pools which require unique access credentials.
- If the credentials required for the first resource pool are compromised, the secondary resource pool remains protected.
Customer Reporting Portal
- A web portal with read only access to monitor and validate the success of data replication and protection